Sunday 14 December 2014

blade runner



The film I am going to talk about now is then 1982 film blade runner that was directed by Ridley Scoot and edited by Marsha Nakashima. The film is set in the future and tells the story of duplicates that are killing people and it is up to detective Rick Deckard to stop them. The film was first not thought to be a ground breaking film but later on it was seen to be a very good film for the lighting and camera work.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jackson (2014)


Reynolds (2014)

What I like about the scene and editing

The film is good and in this scene the main character is interrogating a duplicate. Because the film is film noir the lighting in the scene is very dark but the editor has worked it to their advantage because the shoots look really good all edited together and when she is smoking the cigarette the lighting and the editing makes it stand out. I would like to incorporate parts of this into my edit because the film that I am making is film noir a little bit. This will help me figure out what clips to use and what not to because in the clip they only use the long shot once and then try to get it close up for the rest of it. I think this will help with the tension of the film and also will help focus on the main characters in the scene. This scene also helps me because it is not fast pace and neither is the film that I am editing so I will be able to see when is the best places to cut and not to cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment