Sunday 14 December 2014

social network


In the blog I will also be talking about what research that I have done into films that have got good editing and what I have taken from that to bring into my own edit of the film.

The first film that I want to talk about is the film #the social Network (2010) that was directed by David Fincher and edited by Kirk Baxter and Angus Wall. The film editing was nominated for multiple awards and even won the Oscar for best editing in a film. The film is about the creator of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg. It shows his story of what he did and what happened when he was starting out making the website. The main part that I want to talk about is the scenes in which they are in the two different lawyer’s office and he is being sued from two different groups of people.


Sluss (2011)

What I like about the scene and editing?

The parts that I like about this scene is the way in which you focus on the main character even when he is not doing anything in the scene. This is because you want to be seeing the character expressions and emotions more than what is actual happening in the scene. This is something that I would like to feature in my edit because thought the film you want to be seeing the characters when they are not talking. This will be able to show the emotion in the scene. I also think that it is good because the clips are not fast placed and are not really jumpy they are smooth and easy to watch which is also something that I would like to feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment